The first truly water cooling-oriented enclosure: The Phobya WaCoolIT Cube 1 Medium Watercase black!
Phobya is a legend in the water cooling and modding sector. Hence it was only a question of time until Phobya was goind to develop a whole new enclosure which would improve on the insufficiencies of standard enclosures. Hence a modular concept was developed, allowing the customer to create the perfect enclosure!
1.5mm thick steel makes the enclosure extremely rigid and sturdy, helping with repeated changes to the system. Every black powder coates component, front & rear, inner structure, side panels: Truly everything can be removed or changed. No rivets, everything is mounted with M4 hexagonal socket screws! This gives modders a whole new dimension of possibilities in enclosure modification.
First highlight of this cube is the possibility to install two Mainboards (top max XL-ATX, bottom max Micro-ATX) as well as to operate and cool them independently. This is especially useful for home networks or LAN applications: Run a gaming system on top and e.g. a file- or game server at the bottom.
Second highlight are the two folding side panels at the right and left side, as well as the Mainboard socket plates on slides. This permits quick access to the hardware respectively water cooling components and makes installation much easier.
The enclosure is shipped fully assembled despite the modular design!
Water cooloing is a topic on which development of this enclosure focussed. Tubing and cable loop-throughs were oiptimized for this application. All rubberized openings for hoses or cables allow removal of the protective rubber frame to allow installation of Fillports compatible with 19mm holes. Many different radiator-, reservoir and pump mounting options are integrated. With this enclosure Phobya has brought the first truly water cooling-optimized enclosure to the market!
Mainboards and graphics cards:
Especially in the high-end sector, in which many water cooling users feel at home, compatibility with large Mainboards and graphics cards is essential. Hence this enclosure is not only compatible with standard ATX, mATX, eATX and µATX, but also allows mounting of SR-2/ XL-ATX boards without any rebuilding. Even for large graphics cards, especially Dual-GPU cards, this enclosure offers plenty of space. Without modifications to the enclosure, graphics cards with a length of up to 46cm can be installed. This is sufficient for most available graphics cards.
Special features of the Phobya WaCoolT Cube 1 medium Watercase black:
- Top: 1x NOVA radiator 9x120mm (or smaller). For installation the top-mounted 3-bay 3.5" drive mount must be removed or repositioned. The top has 1 tubing loop-through / Fillport 19mm opening
- Front, right and ledt side: 5 openings are integrated: 3 windows and two radiator mounting possibilities: 1x 360mm radiator (or smaller) or 1x280mm radiator (or smaller). Additionally the front plate features 4 holes for 19mm buttons as well as 8 drive bays
- Rear: 3x 80mm radiator (instead of PSU), 4x hole loop-through / Fillport 19mm openings, two removable Mainboard socket plates, up to four power supllies can be installed. Mounting holes for external installation of a tube reservoir are implemented.
- Internal middle level: 4x preparations for pump mounting as well as 10x tubing/cable loop-through openings and loop-though openings for ATX plug
- Bottom plate: 2x preparations for pump mounting, at the underside of the bottom plate 4 feet are installed.
- Compatibility for pump installation (amongst others): Laing DDC, Laing D5, Eheim 1046 (HPPS, Aquastream, Watercool 12V), Eheim 1048, Magicool 12V, Phobya DC 220, 260 & DC 400, EK-DCP 2,2 & DCP 4,0
Mainboard top: XL-ATX, SR-2 , ATX, mATX (Micro-ATX), eATX, µATX
Mainboard bottom: mATX (Micro-ATX), µATX
Graphics card length: Up to 460mm
Wheels as feet
8x 5.25" drive bays with 8 front covers
3x 3.5" drive bays
4x PSU bays - three of which with cover plate and 80mm fan mounting possibility, PSU length up to 400mm
Colour: Black powder coated
Dimensions (LxWxH): 505 x 522 x 498mm (545mm with mounted feet)
Mounting screw for the enclosure: M4x5mm countersunk head
An illustrated mounting manual can be found here. (To be added soon)
Please note: For manufacturing reasons, the punching process may leave a slight waviness of the outer panels. Regrettably this cannot be avoided completely.
Gallery (Aluminium Version)
|Radiator TOP:||360mm, Nova 9x120mm, 240mm, 120mm|
|Radiator SIDE:||140mm, 360mm, 240mm, 120mm, 280mm|
|Radiator BACK:||80mm triple, 80mm dual, 80mm single|
|Radiator FRONT:||280mm, 140mm, 360mm, 240mm, 120mm|
|Case - Type:||Cube|
Klik hier om deze vraag (en) weer te geven.
Klik hier om deze beoordelingen te bekijken.
Ein super Gehäuse, ideal für Dual Systeme samt Wakü. Das Produkt ist ordentlich verarbeitet und lässt sich nach den Wünschen des Kunden anpassen. Allerdings ist es sehr groß aber imposant und schwer. Ich empfehle zum Einbau der Hardware ein keinen Akkuschrauber zu nutzen, da es sehr mühselig ist die vielen Schrauben mit den mitgelieferten Imbusschlüsseln zu lösen / festzudrehen.